The latest news from CareRooms
Welcome to the latest news from CareRooms.
Could you be our next Host?
We’re looking for people in Cambridgeshire and Surrey who can offer a safe, comfortable space to help people who are fit for discharge from hospital but not quite ready to go home.
All you need to become a CareRooms Host is a spare room or annexe with access to a private bathroom, a friendly demeanor, and the desire to help people in your community. We will provide all of the training and support you need, and you could earn up to £50 per night.
We’d love to talk to you about becoming a Host, so if you’re interested please give us a call on 0333 1212 227 or register your interest by visiting the Hosts registration page on our website.
Keep Warm this Winter
After the glorious Summer we had, you may have already noticed the drop in temperature over the past few weeks. Cold weather can affect your health, and with Winter fast approaching, it’s important to look out for yourselves and your neighbours in order to keep well.
The NHS gives the following tips for keeping warm and well this Winter:
- if you’re not very mobile, are 65 or over, or have a health condition, such as heart or lung disease, heat your home to at least 18C (65F)
- keep your bedroom at 18C all night if you can – and keep the bedroom window closed
- during the day you may prefer your living room to be slightly warmer than 18C
- to reduce the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS), babies should sleep in rooms heated to between 16C and 20C
- if you’re under 65, healthy and active, you can safely have your home cooler than 18C, if you’re comfortable
- draw curtains at dusk and keep doors closed to block out draughts
- get your heating system checked regularly by a qualified professional
Visit www.NHS.uk for the full article.
Ready to take Guests in Cambridgeshire
We have a number of rooms in Cambridgeshire ready for Guests to arrive. Our Hosts in the county have completed their training and security checks, have had the equipment installed in the room, and are ready to welcome you for a recovery or respite break.
If you or someone you know are stuck in hospital, fit for discharge but not quite ready to go home, then CareRooms could help you.
Our Guests receive
- a peaceful place to recover in comfort
- 3 nutritious meals a day
- company and companionship
- access to 24/7 telecare, a video GP service, and 24/7 monitoring of their vital signs
And because we know that everyone could use a little help from time-to-time, we’re also offering our rooms at half price in October – that’s only £62.50 per night.
Visit our Guests page or call us on 0333 1212 227 to book your stay.
CareRooms Team News
Next week we’ll be saying a fond farewell to our Office Administrator, Fran, who will be starting her maternity leave. We wish Fran and her family all the best, and we’re excited to meet the new baby when they arrive!
We’d also like to wish a warm welcome to Amber, who will be covering the position while Fran is away.